IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AT LUSEM in the event of a power outage
In the event of a power outage the following should be taken into account.
In the event of a power outage at LUSEM the same basic rule applies; no one should stay in the premises no matter the reason. Ventilation and heating stop working and the emergency lighting in stairs and corridors will only work for a limited time.
In the event of a power outage, all students and staff must:
- Leave our premises immediately, no matter what ongoing activity (also if a written exam is on, re-exams will be offered).
- Do not use the elevators.
Important to know:
- You can always get out of rooms, lecture halls and buildings when it is a power outage.
- The security control centre number is: +46 46 222 07, this number is also available on the back of the LU card.
- Unless otherwise stated we can return to work and study the following business day.
More about Effektbrist/Power shortage
Right now (Dec. 2022) there is some risk of a so-called Effektbrist/Power shortage, and if that were to occur, the result could be a power outage. The routines are always the same in the event of a power failure, regardless of whether it occurred due to a lack of power or for other reasons.
Effektbrist/Power shortage= insufficient electricity to meet consumption in Sweden or within any of the four electricity areas into which Sweden is divided.
- If a power shortage warning is issued, Svenska Kraftnät can order the network owner to turn off the power with only 15 minutes' notice.
- The greatest risk of disconnection is between 8–11 in the morning and between 5–7 pm in the evening, when consumption is at its highest.
- How long the disconnection lasts is uncertain, but it could be several hours.
Sources: Svenska Kraftnät and Medarbetarwebben at LU