Welcome to Lund!
Degree seeking students | Autumn 2021
A warm welcome to Lund University and the School of Economics and Management! These pages are a collection of information that will be useful for you when you are preparing for your degree studies.
Important information about the autumn semester
Measures to reduce the spread of the coronavirus/covid-19.
Latest update: 9 June 2021
The School of Economics and Management has a large number of students at the undergraduate and advanced level. We must take special care to ensure a safe start of the autumn semester for both students and employees.
The autumn semester 2021 will begin online. A gradual transition to campus-based teaching will take place during the autumn semester. How quickly we can return to campus-based teaching and what this gradual transition will look like, is based on current recommendations from the responsible authorities.
For the start of the autumn semester, the following applies:
- We recommend all students admitted to the School of Economics and Management to be in Lund at the start of the semester. This allows us to facilitate a gradual transition to campus-based teaching and learning as restrictions are lifted and society reopens.
- Our premises are accessible to staff and students with the LU-card.
- Study places and computer rooms are accessible to students at Lund University with certain adjustments depending on the current situation.
- The LUSEM Library is open with limited hours for students and staff to allow deposits or lending of books and access to reference literature.
- Teaching will initially be conducted via live lectures, live seminars and pre-recorded material. Much of the teaching requires active digital participation, which means, among other things, that students must participate digitally with microphones and cameras.
- Each student has to ensure access to stable and good computer-based internet connection. This is mandatory since teaching will be carried out by streamed videos, online live broadcasting, seminar participation etc. It is crucial to have a stable and fully functioning computer-based internet connection.
- Online teaching requires access to fully functioning microphones and fully functioning cameras. LUSEM’s online teaching model is based on interaction, and students will not be able to receive a passing grade unless participating with audio and camera on. Students are not allowed to rename themselves during online sessions.
- The School of Economics and Management uses the learning platform Canvas. For live activities, Zoom will be used in most cases. Students must be able to ensure access to Canvas and to Zoom.
- While we start online, there still may be individual course elements or examinations on site at our premises.
We are continuously updating our website with information on how corona/covid-19 and current restrictions affect the upcoming autumn semester at the School of Economics and Management.
Read more at: lusem.lu.se/corona
Connect with current students
Want to know more about your programme, student life, or get insights from someone who have made the same journey as you? Our student ambassadors from all over the world are here to help. They are happy to share their experiences and answer any questions you have about life in Lund. Simply click on an ambassador profile to start a conversation.