Entrance to our Master's programmes is highly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum entry requirements.
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with at least 90 ECTS in business administration, or equivalent knowledge obtained through courses in related fields (for example, courses in accounting, business, commerce, corporate finance, international business, management, management science, marketing, and organisational studies). A major in corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, or management accounting on the undergraduate level is preferred.
- At least 5 ECTS in financial accounting.
- At least 5 ECTS in corporate finance.
- At least 15 ECTS in one of the following fields: corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, or management accounting.
Recommended prior knowledge
The programme is an advanced-level programme that assumes that all participants hold prior knowledge equivalent to a bachelor degree in corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, or management accounting. Participants are expected to be able to:
- read and understand financial statements, including the consolidated statements of financial position, profit or loss, changes in equity, and cash flows
- calculate profitability, profit margin, asset turnover, and growth
- calculate net present value and internal rate of return
- calculate weighted average cost of capital
Participants are also expected to hold basic knowledge of statistics, including central statistical concepts such as mean, standard deviation, variance, covariance, correlation, and ordinary least squares. It is also useful for participants to hold a basic understanding of the risk/return tradeoff and of the capital asset pricing model.
English language requirements
Strong English language communication skills are crucial to gain the full benefit of the programmes we offer. However, meeting the minimum English language test requirements, does not guarantee admission. A majority of students accepted to this programme submit test scores corresponding to IELTS band 7.0.
What are our minimum requirements?
We require a good command of the English language, both spoken and written. The English language entry requirement is the equivalent of English studies at upper secondary level in Sweden (gymnasium), called English 6/English Course B.
For international students, this can be demonstrated in various ways. You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary (high school) studies, certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
We prefer candidates to take the IELTS test where possible. We accept the following tests and minimum scores:
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
- TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575
- TOEFL internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90
Selection to this programme
We normally look for undergraduates with excellent results from an internationally recognised university. When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, your statement of purpose and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
Undergraduates are recommended to have a minimum average grade equivalent to 3.0 in cumulated grade point average (CGPA) out of 4, C in the ECTS grading scale, and B in the American grading scale.