For LUSEM students
Become an exchange student
One of our goals is to ensure that as many students as possible get to spend a semester of their education abroad at a prominent partner university. Our partner universities often have several international accreditations and are highly ranked in international contexts – a strong guarantee that you will continue to receive high-quality education during your semester abroad.
What is an exchange?
Being an exchange student means spending a semester abroad at one of LUSEM’s many partner universities, allowing you to take advantages of excellent academic programmes around the globe. There are many benefits of studying abroad:
- Boost your CV with international experience.
- Experience a different style of education and take courses of interest that you may not have otherwise been able to take.
- Improve your language skills.
- Take part of well-organised introduction weeks with cultural and social activities.
- Become part of a growing global community of exchange students, including those who come to study at LUSEM.
Students who are not required to pay tuition fees in Sweden are also not required to pay tuition fees to the host university. Tuition-fee-paying students who are non-EU/EEA citizens will be required to pay a tuition fee to Lund University during their exchange semester, but not to the host university.
The academic credits you have earned may be transferred based on programme-specific requirements, and may be included in your degree.
Our partner universities
We have more than 130 highly ranked partner universities in more than 30 countries around the world. Check the exchange database to see what options are available for your program!
All exchange places are applied for through the International Office at the School of Economics and Management, except for the one-year exchange places at the University of California, which are to be applied for separately through the UC Study Center.