Greg Merkley at LUSEM Case Academy
Have you had trouble finding cases for the courses you teach? Have you ever thought of writing a case for your course? If so, you might get some tips and ideas from Greg Merkley who visits LUSEM 8 May.
Merkley is the Manager of Case Writing, the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and will share his experiences of writing a case on two occasions during the day as below.
Teachers who are interested in using and writing cases for teaching purposes at LUSEM, LTH and Faculty of Medicine are welcome to both occasions. The first opportunity focuses mainly on how the faculty can organize and support case writing while the other occasion focuses on practical craftsmanship. Students interested in case writing are welcome as well. Does this sound interesting?
The LUSEM Case Academy agenda of 8 May
- Plenary session about the Art of case writing (faculty and students), Tegstam case hall
- The organization of case teaching and writing at Kelloggs, North Western University, Chicago
- The writing of cases – some illustrations
- Tips and advices for case writing
- Faculty session about Case writing for members from Medicine, Engineering and LUSEM (PLEASE NOTE: at Faculty and EC3:318)
- Light lunch and welcome
- The need and demand of case writing at Lund University
- Discussion with faculty members about case writing